The year 2021 turned out to be a good “vintage” for cognacs from the Bache-Gabrielsen range. Great rewards and good grades that are the pride of our team and that are always highly appreciated by our customers. So here is what we “harvested” in 2021, and what 2022 could hold for us…
January 2021 – It’s time to decide which cognac to enter in which competition? There are a plethora of international spirits competitions today. From San Francisco to Singapore, via London, the most difficult thing is to choose – yes, we have to, because each registration has a cost and requires some preparation.
Once these formalities are over, we cross our fingers while waiting for the -virtual- medal ceremony.
These awards represent recognition from professional juries who blind taste and rate our cognacs. It is a recognition of our ageing and blending work. It is also, for our clients, a marker of reassurance.
We are therefore quite proud of the great awards obtained in 2021, in all the competitions in which we entered the Bache-Gabrielsen cognacs (see the review in video below).
- VS / TRE KORS obtains a silver medal at Consumer Choice Award (USA) as well as the award “Excellent, Highly Recommended” at Ultimate Spirits Challenge (USA).
- AMERICAN OAK wins two gold medals at Bartender Spirit Award (USA) and at Consumer Choice Award (USA).
- VSOP TRIPLE CASK wins the gold medal at Cognac Masters (UK).
- “5”, VSOP ORGANIC & ECO-DESIGNED, following its launch end 2021, gets the highest honor with the “Master Award” at Design & Packaging Masters (UK).
- XO Fine Champagne was awarded two silver medals, at IWSC (UK) and at World Cognac Awards (UK).
- XO Premium receives the gold medal at Consumer Choice Award (USA) and the award “Excellent, Highly Recommended” at Ultimate Spirits Challenge (USA).
- HORS D’AGE wins the prize for “Best Cognac in the World” at World Cognac Awards (UK) as well as a gold medal at International Spirit Challenge (UK).
The first awards of 2022
The year 2022 got off to a flying start, with the presentation of the Spirits of the Year Trophy (eco-designed approach category) by Cavistes & e-commerce (FR). The winner is none other than the new born of the Bache-Gabrielsen cognac family, “5”, our organic and eco-designed VSOP. The presentation of the Trophies took place during Vinexpo Paris in the presence of the jury, the journalists and the winners in all categories (Whisky de Rozelieures, Renegade Rum, Anaë Gin, Thoreau, Osco Drinks and Dartigalongue Double Oak). 👏
In mid-March, the results of the International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC / UK) were announced and we were awarded two medals: silver for our American Oak cognac and bronze for the XO Fine Champagne.
Below, in the video, find the tasting comments of the IWSC jury.
What’s next for 2022 competitions?
This year, we selected the prestigious San Francisco World Spirits Competition for our VS / TRE KORS and VSOP TRIPLE CASK.
In May, the results of the World Cognac Awards will be announced – fingers crossed for “5”, VSOP ORGANIC & ECO-DESIGNED and VSOP TRIPLE CASK.
The results of the Ultimate Spirits Challenge will follow for VSOP TRIPLE CASK, AMERICAN OAK and VERY OLD PINEAU DES CHARENTES.
Stay connected !
Marielle, Marketing & Communication Manager (pictured below 📸)